I went there and found two racks completely carrying this body scrub and thought... it must be really that good! I read the description since I am not really familiar with the title "Lulur." Everything went better when I turned the tub and saw the price, very light on the budget! And there it goes on my shopping basket.
Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub
135 g PhP 80
What is it?
Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub is a beauty treatment inspired by a most luxurious Javanese ritual called Lulur. The ritual was originally intended for the bride-to-be in order to beautify, smoothen, and whiten her skin before her wedding day. Lulur originated from the royal palaces of Java, Indonesia and products inspired by this traditional treatment are still used by Indonesian women today.
The benefits of Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub:
- It gently exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells to soften the skin and give it a radiant glow.
- Frequent usage reduces skin pigmentation and evens out skin tone by getting rid of dark patches, especially in areas prone to darkening such as the elbows, knees, armpits, and the area between the thighs.
- It contains Vitamin E and Green Tea extract, powerful antioxidants that protect your skin from free radicals to keep it healthy and young-looking.
- It also contains Squalene and Olive Oil that help maintain moisture on your skin.
How I use it?I apply it directly onto dry skin, a handful for the whole right arm. I once used it on a damp or wet skin and the result isn't as good as when it is dry. Then I rinse it off with lots of water.
What I love about it?
- The beads are very gentle so it doesn't leave any red marks after.
- Effectively scrubs away dead skin cells because you can feel your skin feels softer and smoother.
- The floral scent lingers even after you step out of the shower. You can sniff your arms and it smells like Sampaguita.
- I can testify that it can whiten you gradually.
- A bit moisturizing but I still apply lotion afterwards.
- Leaves you feeling cleaner.
- The smallest tub can have up to 4 uses for a whole body scrub.
- Hypo-allergenic and dermatologist-tested.
- Very affordable!
What I hate about it?
- The scent could probably irritate other people because it could be strong for them.
- It's exclusively available in Watsons.
- But nevertheless, none for me!
- For hygienic purposes, please use a spatula (that's what I do) to scoop out the right amount you need.
- The directions says use it daily but as with most scrubs overdoing it can irritate your skin. I use it twice a week concentrating to where I really need exfoliation like elbows and knees.
- If you are after the whitening effect, please be patient! I used this for two months already and the effect is gradually and not dramatically. It may take longer for people with darker tone.
- You can treat someone for a hand scrub without hurting your wallet! That's what I am doing with my Mom when we have free time. Instant Mom-and-daughter bonding time. :)
OVERALLThis a great product since it can scrub my dead skin cells effectively. Besides the price is not bad at all. I will definitely repurchase this, probably the bigger tub.
Have you tried it too? What can you say?
If you can also suggest other brands please let me know. I am in a hunt for good scrubs right now. 'Til next post! :D